What makes OK In the Know great? Members like YOU!
Did you know?
The OK In the Know Community Council gives a unified voice to the interests and desires of members working at the local and regional levels throughout Oklahoma. The Community Council represents the participating groups on OK In the Know, and they meet monthly to provide strategic direction on ways to make OK In the Know more useful and provide input on initiatives to support collaboration.
Since forming in fall 2016, the Community Council has already found creative ways we can help each other do our grant work more efficiently and work together toward shared public health goals.
The Community Council…
- Provides input into decisions about priorities for OK In the Know tools and strategies for collaboration
- Gathers feedback from OK In the Know members and represent local grantees
- Fosters relationships between OK In the Know members, including lead agency staff, Community Managers, and fellow grantees
- Helps others become more familiar with OK In the Know
Meet Your Neighbors
You asked for it, so the “Meet Your Neighbors” feature is BACK to spotlight what members are doing around Oklahoma! To kick things off, we’re starting with introductions to the OK In the Know Community Council members:
- Tyler Coday – Wagoner County Health Department (TSET Healthy Living Program)
- Luis Hidalgo – Latino Community Development Agency (OSDH M-POWER Program)
- Tara Jordan – Choctaw County Health Department (TSET Healthy Living Program)
- Lauran Larson – Oklahoma City-County Health Department (TSET Healthy Living Program)
- Karin Leimbach – DCCCA (ODMHSAS Partnerships for Success-PFS)
- Lana Shaffer – OSDH Office of Partner Engagement
- Charlene Shreder – University of Oklahoma Southwest Prevention Center (ODMHSAS PFS & RPC)