This post is updated weekly. To find additional OPEN opportunities, which may have tight deadlines, or to see past funding announcements, visit the Funding Opportunities thread in the Forum [members only].
- Tobacco-Free Generation Campus Initiative: The American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation are teaming up to offer grants to college and university campuses interested in expanding the adoption of 100% smoke and tobacco-free policies. Deadline: January 15. Click for funding details.
- America’s Promise Healthy Schools Fund: Funding to support communities working to create healthier school environments for all children. These efforts should serve as a hub for cross-sector collaboration, youth and community engagement, and broader policy and systemic change. Deadline: January 22. Click for funding details.
- NEW CARA Local Drug Crises Grants: The purpose of this grant is to prevent and reduce the use of opioids or methamphetamines and the abuse of prescription medications among youth ages 12-18 in communities throughout the United States. Domestic public and private nonprofit entities that are current or former Drug-Free Communities support programs are eligible to apply for up to $50,000 in funding. Deadline: January 29. Click for funding details.
- Recreational Trails Program: The Recreational Trails Program from the Federal Highway Administration provides funds for development and maintenance of trail and trail-related facilities. This reimbursement-type grant allows awardees the freedom to create a project best suited for the community. Deadline: January 31. Click for funding details.
- Garden Grants: Klorane Botanical Foundation grant recipients will receive a package of tools and educational materials, as well as a check, to spend on any materials needed to install a new garden, or expand an existing one. Deadline: January 31. Click for funding details.
If you know of an open funding opportunity that may be of interest to the OK In the Know community, tell us about it! Post a comment below, add it to the Funding Opportunities thread in the Forum [members only] or contact us.