Tobacco Stops With Me is an Oklahoma media campaign that highlights how tobacco use impacts Oklahomans. It is funded by the Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust (TSET) and the Oklahoma Center for Chronic Disease Prevention & Health Promotion at the State Department of Health.
Join the fight. Visit the program’s site to stay informed on tobacco control updates, become tobacco free with the Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline, connect with a local TSET Healthy Living Program Grantee, and find Wellness Policy Toolkits to help you make a difference in your community.
For the 10th anniversary of Tobacco Stops With Me, TSET announced a bold agenda to cut adult smoking by half in 10 years. Their 7-point plan outlines the steps needed for a healthier future for Oklahoma and focuses on creating common sense solutions and modernizing policies.
- Prohibit smoking in cars with children present
- Remove exemptions in state law that allow smoking in bars, hotels and other businesses
- Raise the minimum legal age to buy tobacco products to 21
- Ban on all menthols and flavored tobacco
- Cigarette price increases over the next decade
- Strengthen enforcement against underage tobacco sales
- Remove labor law protections for smokers
Add your name in support of this effort, learn more about how TSET is taking a stand against tobacco in Oklahoma, and read our aggressive agenda by clicking here.