As health promotion professionals, organizations and community partners turn to you to help keep people well and prevent the spread of COVID-19. This post presents tips and resources for successfully navigating a remote work environment.
Video: Collaborating by Remote: Trusted Tips for Teleworking Success
In this five minute clip, Kelli Brodersen, Health Communication Manager at the Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust (TSET), shares three tips to be productive and keep teams on track when working remotely.
Telework Toolkit – Oklahoma Office of Management and Enterprise Services
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, the Oklahoma Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) has been working to put alternative plans in place to ensure state government agencies are able to continue serving Oklahomans. The OMES telework toolkit provides key contacts for IT support, status of state buildings, and a guide to the tools OMES offers that will help make teleworking seamless.
Recommended LinkedIn Teleworking Courses include:
- Working Remotely
- Time Management – Working From Home
- Productivity Tips: Finding Your Productive Mindset
- Executive Presence on Video Conference Calls
- Thriving @ Work: The Connection Between Well-being and Productivity
- Managing Stress for Positive Change
- Building Resilience
- Developing Resourcefulness
- Leading at a Distance
- Managing Virtual Teams
- Leading Virtual Meetings
- Microsoft Teams Tips and Tricks
How to Conduct Better Virtual Meetings
Read more about technological tips and planning steps for those who are using Zoom and other virtual meeting spaces to host or participate in meetings.
COVID-19 Toolkit for Health Promotion Professionals
Wellness Council of America (WELCOA) has released a toolkit especially for health promotion professionals.
This toolkit is designed to be your go-to library for grab and go resources. Managing workplace issues related to COVID-19 requires strong communication, relationships and infrastructure. WELCOA’s hope is that we can ease some of this heavy lifting. In this toolkit you will find content in the following sections:
- Communication Tactics With Key Leaders
- Communication Tactics To Provide Clarity
- Supporting Stress Care For Employees
- Adjusting Internal Expectations
- Supporting Your Employees Work From Home Experience
- Resources For Managers To Support Their Teams
- Maintaining And Building Trust In Frantic Times
- Supporting Healthy Social Connection
- Planning Forward
NEW! – 5/18/20 COVID-19 Learning and Action Collaborative Archive
If you have found other useful professional development or online resources to support teleworking, share your feedback and suggestions in the Forum!